A list of things I’ve noticed in my stories and should probably shake up:
- The use of “…well” in the same way movies use a fade to black to indicate a sex scene. I see I’ve even managed to put this one in a story I started specifically to practice sex scenes. That’s …welled up, as it were.
- At some point a character will glare at someone and say “Oh, good” in tones of doom.
- My main characters are very considerate: after they bop someone in the head, they always check to make sure they’re still breathing, even if running the hell for safety would be a smarter option.
- The furniture’s usually pretty good.
- So’s the food.
- Someone will get a main character’s name wrong in what I hope to god isn’t a Bewitched-level event.
There are probably a lot more, sad to say.